I make my own granola for about a year now. Store bought granola have too much sugars and additives in it. Besides I find it more affordable to make it myself.
If you never made granola you will find that it is more expensive to make it at first. Believe me, it will be more affordable if you make it more often.
For my version you will need:
- 3 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1,5 cup of roughly chopped nuts (any kind as long as they are raw)
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Handful of raisins
- 1/4 cup of dried unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds (optional)
Sometimes I make this recipe with 2 table spoons of honey but for this sugar free challenge I did not want to use honey.
Preheat the oven to 375.
Add the cups of oats in a pyrex dish. Melt the coconut oil either in the microwave or au bain marie (double boiler).
Add the vanilla and cinnamon to the bowl of melted coconut oil. Mix this together. (if you wish to add honey in your recipe simply place 2 tablespoons into the melted coconut oil at this point)